I believe I care about people. I believe they matter - to God and to me.
But if I'm honest, I've had to learn what care looks like. And I'm still learning.
CARE is NOT…
- control over someone else’s life or journey
- managing their next step
- being their hero
- protecting someone from consequences
- having the right things to say
- necessarily “understanding”
However, CARE IS…
- entering someone else’s journey
- helping them discover their next step
- being adequate
- walking with them through the pain of consequences
- listening more than talking
- saying, “me too”
What if you could learn...
- how to listen - not only to words, but to someone's heart?
- how to leverage your own brokenness in order to step with love into the brokenness of someone else?
- to journey with someone whose shame is binding, confusing and masking their true identity?
- to avoid some of the ridiculous things people say to someone hurting?
- what to say instead - that isn't cliche or a platitude - but actually helpful?
- how to walk alongside someone who is wrestling with an addiction, depression, suicidal ideation, anxiety disorder or some other mental and/or emotional and/or relational struggle?
If you call Granger Community Church your church home, and you want to practice intentional care; if you want to hone the innate gift already within you; if you are willing to come alongside others who are struggling, then I'm inviting you to submit your application/profile (so we can understand a bit about you) and get these Care Mentor Training dates on your calendar:
- Friday, June 23, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 24, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays, July 18, 25 and August 1, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
People matter. Too much for us to NOT learn how to care with the LOVE of Abba, Son and Spirit.
Get more info and apply here.